Friday, May 8, 2009

"Oh, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.."



As some of you maybe know, I did “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cindy Lauper the other day.
I picked this song because the melody is so happy, and the lyrics really speaks to me.
Some people liked it, and some didn’t. That’s just fine by me.
The most important to me with this song was that it had to be fun for me to play it. And do you know what? It was SO fun.
I had to do it over and over again, because I always got to laugh when I was a little into the song.

Every time I'm selecting a song, I attach great importance that I like working with it. Otherwise, the result is simply not good.

Uh, here is the reason why I put some drums on the song:
Earlier that day my brother and his girlfriend (Kristine) was visiting me. And then Kristine started playing at my keyboard, which I never use, because I don’t know how to play on it.
It’s a very fancy keyboard, and she was sitting and playing with all the different sounds it could make - including the drum-sounds.
When they got home again, and I was alone, it just pop up in my head, that “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” would sound good and fun with some drums and a guitar. Tadaaaaaa. :)

Have a nice day, and take good care of yourself out there in the big and dangerous world!

DanyaaMUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment